20100205

tonight we ride.

I'm the happiest girl in the world.

Last night my favorite artist played in Oslo. Tom Russell is my favorite singing songwriter and I wrote a long mail to him before his concert yesterday - telling him how much his music means to me.

He sang my favorite song on request from the audience and after he finished the song, he introduced the following song - St. Olav's Gate - by saying;
"We'll do this for Regine, who wrote us such a nice letter, thank you Regine!"

I tried my best, but I couldn't hold back the tears no matter how hard I tried. It was a huge moment for me.

After the concert I went up to him and he took some time to talk with me. I was so happy and nervous. I was shaking, stumbling in words and my cheeks were burning red.
He is one of the nicest persons I have met, he signed my CD, he said he recognized me from the previous concert in Oslo and he gladly took a picture with me.
I'm the happiest girl in the world.

Here's to the lady you love and don't see again
The night is warm whiskey, the mornin's a cold bitter wind
The blue eyed madonna leaves town while the drunken man waits
Standing alone in the shadows of St. Olav's Gate.

Have a great friday everyone, do something you enjoy, like I have.
I locked myself in my room with The Tom Russell Anthology - Veteran's Day.
There's nothing better. Nothing is better than this. Listening through one of the greatest country records ever made. I'm gonna ride through America tonight. Tonight we ride. Tonight I ride.

xx,

Ingen kommentarer:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pandoras Inspiration