20110219

what i discovered today.

I have learned and discovered incredibly much today. My parents, aunt, uncle, lill siss and I cleaned out my grandparents apartment. My grandmother passed away a couple of years ago, while my grandfather just got placed at a nursing home. This very apartment, where my mom grew up along with my aunt and uncle, has been looking more or less exactly the same for the last 20 years. My grandfather never threw anything away, neither did my grandmother, meaning we had a LOT to go through this saturday. I found a great amount of old glasses I instantly fell in love with. Two old typewriters fascinated me, as well as a whole lot of books, some of them dated as old as 1767. In some of the books I found people sharing my last name, I found pictures of ancestors I know little or nothing about and I realized how much I miss being a little girl visiting "mimmi and bestefar" (grandmother and grandfather) in Oslo.

I knew my grandfather had a lot of old newspaper and flyers from the Second World War, but I haven't really seen it. Today I discovered stacks of old books, newspapers, speeches, flyers and other interesting literature from the Second World War. The reason is - sadly enough - that my great-grandfater supported Hitler during the war. I'm looking forward to study all of these newspapers, speeches and flyers. I find it amazingly interesting. My wise and inspiring teacher, Gunnar, from high school shared the same fascination for this as I do, and he made me understand what great history is hidden in my grandparents apartment and loft. I'm going back tomorrow and I'll make sure to bring all I can find home.

Here's some pictures from today;








Apple Extended Keyboard II 










ph. by me.
ph. of me taken by Henny Sofie.
xx,
RP.

3 kommentarer:

HennySofie sa...

Utroliig tøffe bilder, BigSiss!!<3

Anonym sa...

Sykt mye fett!

Du har sikkert allerede gjort det, men hvis ikke caller jeg dibs på Apple tastaturet!

Unknown sa...

I already did, but you may come and have a look at it every once in a while, if you feel like it - haha ^^

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pandoras Inspiration